Monday, September 26, 2011

Great Customer Service Story

So I go to my local cafe wanting to do some blog work and have a great coffee. I get my computer all setup and to my dismay, my mouse battery is dead. So I think of my options, pack up and go buy a battery or ask a crazy question of the cafe manager to see if they have a battery I could buy. Well I asked the manager.


Well to my complete surprise, the manager comes back and gives me two batteries and would take no money. I was very surprised. This is a great example of over the top customer service that builds smiles and customer loyalty. I will become a word of mouth champion for this cafe. Its not that I would expect the manager to do this all the time, but the very fact he was willing to help is amazing.

In a different cafe, I can just imagine the response. They would think I am crazy for asking and maybe say something like, we only sell coffee. The attitude of this manager was one of really wanting to help a customer. While this is a rare story, the whole point is to go above and beyond and create smiling, loyal customers.

Look for ways to encourage your staff to go above and beyond the normal level of customer service. Since this level of customer service is so rare, you will surprise the customer. 


    
This customer surprise creates loyal customers who are great for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment